Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Acting Class

Hello everyone,
Second day of blog. Life is as good as it should be. My fingers are turned blue from a chemistry experiment. It looks really weird. I was signing today, and everyone was like, what? 
I've been taking an acting class for the past few weeks. There's only three other kids in it, they're all boys, and two are younger than me. Darcy, the teacher, is going trick or treating as a sprite, and Max is going as his worst fear(Uncle Sam). In the class we memorize short scripts and record them. Here's the one for this week:
[Pete and Tanni are locked in a cobwebby, rusted out bomb shelter. There is a metal springed cot, some rusty cans of G-rations, and a single light light bulb dangling from a plugged in chord. Pete is nervous, Tanni is curious.]
PETE: Well, here we are. Look at those spider wens. Check out this ancient food. I think rats live down here. Kinda spooky, huh?
TANNI: I think it's pretty neat.
PETE: Well, if you're scared, you just tell me, and I'll give you a hug. A nice neighborly hug.
TANNI:[not scared] Oh. Okay. Imagine how our grandparents must have felt, you know, building these things. They must have been frightened.
PETE: Yeah. I bet they hugged a lot, or at least held hands.
TANNI: Well, they did more than that.
[Pete laughs nervously]
PETE: Oh, right, of course.
[Tanni sits down on the cot and it creaks loudly.]
PETE: [exclamation] FEAR!!!
TANNI: What's wrong?
PETE: Didn't that scare you?
TANNI: What-You shouting "fear"?
PETE: No...the squeaking springs...
[Pete presses up and down the cot and it squeaks in rhythm.]
PETE:[like a ghost story]...listen to that...it's like...the ghost of our grandparents...making out! Picture it...2 future old people...kissing...and licking and slobbering at each other's yet-to-be-old faces. Are you frightened now?
TANNI: I'm afraid I'm...embarrassed...for you-does that help?
[Pete is disappointed]
PETE:[bright idea] What if I eat one of those sixty year old twinkies, would that scare you?
Won't that be awkward? I'm the only girl, so I have to do it three times. That's going to be terrible. Darcy is going to put it on the website. I hope everyone skips it. If people see it, and recognize me, I'll be
That Girl You See And Pretend You Don't Know

No comments:

Post a Comment